Thursday, October 15, 2015

Renno Jeon Assignment #3

http://www.npr.org/podcasts/510200/storycorps

This is a radio program by NPR, called Storycorps recording lives of every day people across the country. This story is about 3 minutes long but, in the podcast, it's about 7 and a half minutes. Though they both are quite similar in terms of formats, I can learn more about the story in detail because of the fact that podcasts are not hindered by time constraints. I get to know, in this story, not only what kind of person the hijacker was and how it all began and the impact on people that the pilot and hijacker left behind.

I like this podcast because I enjoy listening to NPR, especially Storycorps when driving. And once in a while, there comes a story that touches my heart and gets me wondering more about the story like this podcast did that to me. So with this podcast, I got a little bit of understanding of people with mental illness and learned the untold story on the radio.


https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/david-sedaris-meet-the-author/id674095278?i=162622430&mt=2

It sounds a lot like traditional radio broadcasting because, the formats, in my opinion, are the same aside from the fact that podcasts have more freedom and no time limit. Yet, since podcasts are archived so we can access it at any time. there seems no or a lot less strict regulations on podcasts so this podcast somewhat gives me a feeling that I am there listening to their casual conversation.

I like this podcast too because I like the author David Sedaris because I read one of his books this summer and found him really witty and hilarious and I always knew that he sometimes appears on NPR but I never had a chance to listen to him live but this podcast always waits here for me, not like I have to wait there for him to come on air. Plus they are not chasing time, I like him being able to elaborate on whatever he is answering the questions.



http://www.mydamnchannel.com/wtf/wtf_podcasts/chrisrock_7902

Because this is a podcast, the conversation is quite informal and there is no regulation. there are a lot of curse words coming out let alone the F-word. This segment would never ever go over the air if they were on traditional radio.

Chris Rock is one of my favorite comedians and sometimes he comes on the radio. With the regulations that restrain him from cursing, he is not the Chris Rock on the radio that I know. but in this podcast where he's free to say whatever is in his mind, I can tell that he is being himself and this is the guy that I know.




No comments:

Post a Comment