Monday, October 19, 2015

Gabriella Mutino



Podcast #1 http://drumcode.libsyn.com/rss  


This podcast is called "Drumcode Radio Live", created by the producer Adam Beyer. Drumcode is the name of his label so he often has guest mixes and sets uploaded from other producers under his label which I enjoy. This episode is Adam Beyer live at the Cocoon closing party at Amnesia, a club in Ibiza. I like this podcast because being a techno lover, these podcasts give me new music every week by several producers that I love. Especially because techno doesn't play on the radio, I'm not a fan of the "Top 100". I also like that I feel like I'm there at the closing concert in Ibiza. Something that I don't particularly like is the sound quality, most of the podcasts are good when they're recorded in a studio.. however this was recorded live at a club. It's different from traditional radio broadcasting because there are no commercials, or ads. Also you can pause the podcast or fast forward/ rewind to a part you like.  

Podcast #2 Nutrition Diva: 10 Most Nutritious Foods For The Money http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/xml/nutrition.xml


This podcast "Nutrition Diva" Monica Reinagel gives painless advice to help improve eating habits. Eating healthier to be the best diva. I liked this podcast because her voice was very interesting, not monotone at all although there were no other speakers. She talks about how people with smaller budgets tend to buy cheaper, more artificial food that isn't good for you at all. She promotes her book called "Secrets For a Healthy Diet" that some of these bargain healthy ingredients are called for. I did wish she included some background music. However, I did like the fact that it was almost a "mini podcast" being only 10 minutes long. It's similar to traditional radio broadcasting because Reinagal speaks about how this podcast episode is sponsors by Audible, and tries to convince listeners to subscribe to it/ use it for future road trips. 

Podcast: "Ask Women" http://feeds.sideshownetwork.tv/AskWomen

This podcast episode is called "How to Escape the Friendzone" hosted by Kristen Carney and Marni Kinrys. They speak about relationship advice which can be relatable to almost anyone. The great thing about this podcast is that although it's called "Ask Women" there is always a guy speaker present to give the male side of the situation and his reaction. It helps women relate to how the male may feel without having to confront them about it. I disliked that there were lots of ads. What I did like was that the podcast wasn't a professional interview, more so casual conversation filled with sarcastic jokes and laughs that made the podcast very entertaining. It's similar to traditional radio broadcasting because of the ads. Different because I've never heard such a relatable topic on the radio. 




No comments:

Post a Comment